Animals make people feel good but more than that, your pet can actually help you stay healthy. There are so many ways in which a pet can enhance a pet owner’s health.
- Pets are natural stress relievers. As you stroke your furry friend a feeling of well being ensues and stress seems to disappear. There is actually a physical change taking place in your body.
- Tests have shown that having a pet can help keep the blood pressure at acceptable levels. The same is true of children with hypertension. Pet owners have a lower risk of dying from heart failure than those who don’t.
- Therapists have been known to recommend having a pet as a way of dealing with depression.
Of course pet owners who exercise regularly will obviously be more physically fit than those who don’t exercise. It is very important to remember that walking helps maintain healthy joints and this in itself could prevent osteoporosis in later life.
- Have you participated in DOGA that is yoga for pets and pet owners?
- Researchers say that a cat may have a more calming on their owners than any other animal.
- Cats often become the focus of their owner’s interest and this helps them forget other stresses and worries.
Children who grow up with pets are less likely to have or develop allergies.
Know your Glucose Level
Diabetics know that if they have a properly trained pet the pet will warn them of an impending slump in glucose levels before the damage is done.
Keep Your Balance
- Some mental health therapists use dogs in therapy. It helps to relax the patient
- Dogs are being used to snuff out cancer cells before they become evident in conventional blood tests.
- Children with ADHD and autism can benefit from working with and keeping a pet
- Little Mexican hairless dogs called Xolas emit intense body heat and help with conditions that respond to heat.
A seizure dog as he is called is specially trained to accompany people with epilepsy they can warn the parent if it is a child, or warn its adult owner of an impending attack.
A Quiet Guide
Pets allow owners with a disability to maintain an independent lifestyle; we are all familiar with guide dogs for the blind.
Care for your Pet
Pets are an inextricable part of the pet owner’s life and it is up to pet owners to keep their pet healthy.
- Vita Canine and Vita Feline provide a balanced vitamin and mineral supplement for your pet.
- Supplements help keep your pets healthy in old age.
- Pet Eezze provides the means to keep your pet’s joints healthy. Glucosamine and chondroitin are well proven to work in human joint health so it stands to reason it will help with your pet.
- Pet Kalm calms a stressed pet
So now that you know how valuable a pet can be in a pet owner’s life I implore you to be a responsible pet owner and love your furry friend.
Feel free to post your comments and share your stories with your pets here. I would love to hear from you and help you in any way I can 🙂